Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • I try to avoid posting with too much detail as it always leaves you wide open to being called patronising - as if someone has a mind reading device that can answer at just the right level, a point that was alluded to on another thread.
    I have to write technical detailed emails all the time, including parts that the person I'm sending to knows, why? Because he will usually pass the email to someone to do the work and without the detail, we'd be playing email tennis to get the right job done. As in , on a forum - more than one person reads the posts here, each with a different set of understanding and experience , I have to assume a level of understanding at some point.
    I've fallen into the old trap and I'll just curtail my posts of this ilk.

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The mistake was Mine ,assumption being the mother of all fuck ups .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-12 14:20:44
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Let's just say I wasn't thinking clearly.  I was really thinking only in terms of what annoys people considerably on this forum.  That is to say, those spammers that spew out threads and posts in threads, mostly completely incoherent (does that make me a spammer? 8-| ).  And, then there's the spammers that just pollute you email.  I had never thought of the folks that come on to the forum and post there link as such but I guess that's exactly what they are.

I agree with you, Sartori.  It's so much more difficult to commincate in
    text than in real person.  Heck, even a phone call loses a lot without
    the person being present.  But, I don't think you should curtail on my
    account.  And, if ever adressing me, never fear dumbing it down.  It's safest.  ;)

Not sure how to answer you question, Kiyuri.  I've used it for a very, very long time (near it's inception).  I've written code (all hacker stuff), though very, very little in html or any other web-oriented.  I am supremely careful not to attract spam or viruses (I'll be damned if I'm going to pay someone to filter out viruses after the fact that they are all over the web).  But, the few spams that I have, inadvertently (or using a junk email), attracted, all seem to be a set of random characters for the email address.  It's very frustrating because they always use some very inoccuous identity (or, "name", if you like), like "BK Survey" or some such and email systems don't seem to let you filter on the name, only the email address and, actually, I don' think they let you fliter on spam at all.  I'd just as soon that I could eliminate the spammer (as our moderators are allowed to do) so that if, somehow, I were to get an actual email from someone that counted into my spam, it wouldn't be lost in all of the spam.

Well, that was surely too much information.  But, I dug the hole and am just trying to fill it.

Once again, being the eternal optimist, I was just hoping that a great number of folks were coming to this forum because they adored Goldfrapp.  Sigh.  It seems I was wrong.
  • *hug party*

Lots of people adore Goldfrapp, but they dont come on this site for various reasons.  The spammers come here because its a soft target (grrr)

As for the split between body language, tone of voice and actual words, don't make me get my communications training slideshow out!!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • well i deffo started something here.... lol :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • tweety said:

*hug party*

As for the split between body language, tone of voice and actual words, don't make me get my communications training slideshow out!!

Hope the Vom Bus isn't stopping to pick you up still. I've had a gutsful of courses at the moment , my "favourites" were teamwork and managing sickness ...still get flashbacks, back in 'Nam.
  • I am sure I already know the answer to this but is there a way I can transfer my music library from Windows media player to IPAD.....simplest version poss please if such a thing exists. Many thanks in advance.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Seeing as this is a ask about anything thread. Have any of you had Root Canal Treatment done ?. I have and i want to know how long ago you had it done or in other words, How long does the tooth live for ?.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • i think the tooth is dead when they do the root canal isnt it?  I had one done a while back and its fine, but it is a total zombie tooth
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Cervus said:

I am sure I already know the answer to this but is there a way I can transfer my music library from Windows media player to IPAD.....simplest version poss please if such a thing exists. Many thanks in advance.

Just a guess, Cervus, but I think you would need to get the iPlayer(whatever it is called) on your PC (I expect the WMP is on your PC), transfer it there and, then, transfer to your iPad.  Like I said, it's just a guess.  I haven't touched anything made by Apple in years.  In the past, I found it easy to transfer the library (I think it was just a search by the iPlayer of you drive), but playlists are a whole different matter.  I never found a way, anyways.
  • Thanks I am just a bit hesitant at downloading stuff as the last time I downloaded anything 'I' orientated to the main computer it froze the whole thing and it had to be uninstalled.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I think I have worked it out but it is taking an age! >:/
  • I haven't got a clue about i-pads but transferring music is really simple, just copy everything from my music if you didn't figure that out already Cervus ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Yeah, if you can get a memory stick that is big enough and fits both your PC and your iPad, you could just copy.  I don't know why I didn't mention that before.  My brain has been MIA all day, I guess.
  • It told me I had to install itunes (which I did...comp not crashed so far) then it searched for existing files to transfer and transferred a load of stuff (ignoring all the physical cds that were in my media folders) so I am now gradually transferring it all myself file by file. Now I can remember why my fella used to say don't touch anything apple with a barge pole (not his term but it is early and I am too polite!)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!