Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Seriously, I thought that was the end of the Forum.

I know it's like a ghost town now and barely anyone posts on here. But it's still nice to come back to every now and then. See who's still knocking about.
    I've done a few searches for past things too to refer back to. So it's also quite useful.

Social media has kind of killed the forum. It'd be nice if more fans came here.

Anyway. I'm just glad it's back!
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • I noticed this the other day too and I thought it was lights out! 

I do notice though the url comes up as 'not secure' in my browser which wasn't the case before. I wonder if anybody is really responsible for the maintenance of this site anymore? I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't!

• I never post here, but I load this forum up by default every day to see what's going on. Very glad it hasn't died
    Annol
  • Yo Cookie
    Haven’t been here for a while & feeling guilty. Tried it get on yesterday (22nd Sep) & it was ‘BONK’!
    I emailed Adam Klein at Fascination management and he’s got it back up again.
    Will have a look around, dust a web cobwebs away.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I made a post on one of Alison's videos she posted a few weeks ago and someone reached out to me and asked if they could join the forum. It was nice the fact that there are fans still wanting to come to this little community.

It'd be great if Alison could promote the forum. A place to talk all things Goldfrapp, Music and other stuff without getting all swept up with targeted ads and other stuff that social media tends to pelt at you these days.
  • I made a post on one of Alison's videos she posted a few weeks ago and someone reached out to me and asked if they could join the forum. It was nice the fact that there are fans still wanting to come to this little community.

It'd be great if Alison could promote the forum. A place to talk all things Goldfrapp, Music and other stuff without getting all swept up with targeted ads and other stuff that social media tends to pelt at you these days.

You know what, I agree. Which is funny because just a few years ago I was adamant that forums like this were going extinct.

But I can't help but notice everyone I speak to online and offline will constantly give off about social media platforms and even bloody google, and how they've been ruined by ads, pop-ups, AI, and that bloody "Accept Cookies' message which will ALWAYS pop up no matter how many times you accept.

Places like this are really small havens from all the noise and terrible, terrible interfaces of modern day internet.

All we need now is new Goldfrapp music to get excited about and a few dozen active forum members. It'll be like the late 00's again... 
    ;))

• Low said:

I made a post on one of Alison's videos she posted a few weeks ago and someone reached out to me and asked if they could join the forum. It was nice the fact that there are fans still wanting to come to this little community.

You know what, I agree. Which is funny because just a few years ago I was adamant that forums like this were going extinct.

But I can't help but notice everyone I speak to online and offline will constantly give off about social media platforms and even bloody google, and how they've been ruined by ads, pop-ups, AI, and that bloody "Accept Cookies' message which will ALWAYS pop up no matter how many times you accept.

Places like this are really small havens from all the noise and terrible, terrible interfaces of modern day internet.

All we need now is new Goldfrapp music to get excited about and a few dozen active forum members. It'll be like the late 00's again... 
    ;))

As someone who's approaching 40 next year (yikes!!!) it's been apparent of how much i'm wanting to pull back all things social media. I think the only reason i've not deleted my Instagram account is because Alison posts most of her updates on there, plus the fact that i've got to know quite a lot of creatives on there that i know i'll lose touch with most of them because they aren't really active anywhere else.

I think if anything I us forum posters just post stuff in her comments about the message board, maybe there will be a few more people wanting to come on and join.

The person who i invited was struggling with the question they had to answer to join. What's the name of Alison's dog? is it Maus? or was that her cat? call myself a fan, eh!?!? :))
  • Low said:

I made a post on one of Alison's videos she posted a few weeks ago and someone reached out to me and asked if they could join the forum. It was nice the fact that there are fans still wanting to come to this little community.

;))

As someone who's approaching 40 next year (yikes!!!) it's been apparent of how much i'm wanting to pull back all things social media. I think the only reason i've not deleted my Instagram account is because Alison posts most of her updates on there, plus the fact that i've got to know quite a lot of creatives on there that i know i'll lose touch with most of them because they aren't really active anywhere else.

I think if anything I us forum posters just post stuff in her comments about the message board, maybe there will be a few more people wanting to come on and join.

The person who i invited was struggling with the question they had to answer to join. What's the name of Alison's dog? is it Maus? or was that her cat? call myself a fan, eh!?!? :))

Oh for sure. I'm in my twenties and I'm already sick of it. I don't delete it for the same reasons as yourself - but if another app or website came in tomorrow that let you network with all those people then I would deactivate the socials and not look back!

Haha I think Maus was the dog - good memory there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!