Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • This might be a good idea for a thread?

A place where we can exchange things or buy/sell stuff from/to other members, like if you have really delishus caek, or music, whatever.
  • 28 Comments sorted by
  • It's a great idea though I can see one small drawback.

I don't particularly want this book 'Goth Chic' I bought recently and would happily swap it for something better

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goth-Chic-Connoisseurs-Guide-Culture/dp/085965382X

but it's getting around the PM me if you want my address etc bit I am not so sure about
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Sell it via paypal; post it with no return address. That way, the ogres won't find you.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • OK will bare that tip in mind thanks iuventus
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Girls on Top
    : Set 1 Disc: 4 Episodes 'Four Play'-'Staying Alive'-'Candy Time' and 'Hark'

Staring:
    Ruby Wax
    Dawn French
    Jennifer Saunders
    Tracy Ullman

Total Run time 1 hr. 28min. (1985)

Description:
    Desprate times call for desperate actions, four mismached women must share a tiny London flat without driving each other batty.

Private message me if interested...

Will sell, or... trade for something distinctly British that i can't get here...like, a large jar of Marmite?

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-07-07 08:28:21
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ do you like marmite?? 
    personally i love the stuff, but i know its an acquired taste
  • I tried some on my last visit and kinda liked it yeah. I enjoy savory things. But really I was just thinking about something distinctly English that I'd have a hard time finding in Miami. Alison tweeted something about Marmite the other day and it jogged my memory.
    I'm curious though, what other things would you consider terrifically English? I really enjoyed my visit there:)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • One major questions in order to answer that: Do you prefer sweet or savoury?

Based on that I'll through some options at you!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Real ales
  • And scotch eggs
  • A_is_A said:

I'm curious though, what other things would you consider terrifically English? I really enjoyed my visit there:)

Marmalade , chip butties , indian takeaways / chicken tikka massala (read about the history of indian cuisine arriving in the UK and Victoria having indian food for breakfast , if anyone didn`t see the documentary on it) .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Haggis because Scotland since yesterday is allowed to be part of the UK ;)
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • And Jaffa Cakes :) they are wonderful!

Can't believe Carpy hasn't mentioned Tunnocks! (I'm not a fan myself but don't tell him, or softlad, or was it Sartori? Don't tell anyone)
  • folklore said:

And Jaffa Cakes :) they are wonderful!

Yup , they`re lovely , I find a box of them a suitable alternative to food . It wasn`t me with the Tunnocks shh ;)
  • Yes Jaffa cakes are yummy. My friend makes giant ones with a flan base, orange jelly and loads of melted chocolate mmmmmm
  • clotted cream and strawberries on scones.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!