Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Happy Easter Folks (the only legitimate time to stuff yer face with choccie!)
  • Have a good one Frappertictackers....
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-03-31 16:41:24
  • 19 Comments sorted by
  • Happy Easter Love xo

"The Resurrection was the greatest ‘eucatastrophe’ possible in the greatest Fairy Story — and produces that essential emotion: Christian joy which produces tears because it is qualitatively so like sorrow, because it comes from those places where Joy and Sorrow are at one, reconciled, as selfishness and altruism are lost in Love."

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Glad to see that someone had the niceity to respond to a worldwide event... irrespective of her own personal religious views on God and The Resurrection.

And for that I shall have a drink for you.
  • Cheers!

"Love is God, God is Love..girls and boys love God above." -Prince (Anna Stesia lyrics)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-04-01 21:16:40
    U R I E L
  • Xx I hope you are well
  • The sheer brutal ignorance on here is truly astounding

Wow.

You don't have to be religious to be polite.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-04-04 08:29:54
  • @serenity There's only a few who visit this site, it's always been that way..kinda quiet. I know it's hard not to take offence against those who are not on the path to enlightenment or who do not understand the spiritual journey, but that's them..not you. Kindness works a gentle magic.
    U R I E L
  • Hi Sen
    What's the issue now? Who's being brutally ignorant?
    Do tell.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Om mani padme hum.

There.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Impure body, speech and mind? Speak for yourself!
    Are you a practising Buddhist?
  • I dunno. Does Buddhism permit pre-marital and extra-marital sex?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2018-04-05 05:30:01
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Wouldn't that be called (drum roll)

Doing ma ting ism
  • iuventus said:

I dunno. Does Buddhism permit pre-marital and extra-marital sex?

Buddhism is pretty free and easy. I was in Thailand some years ago and was told by a local that it was not uncommon for the Buddhist priest who wander about in orange robes ( thus receiving food and succour from locals) to be people who are actually evading the long arm of the law as the priestship has immunity from prosecution. We went into one temple and sat on a high chair in the centre was a very young priest ( about 14 we estimated) and he was giving blessings to visitors for a few Bhat. Behind him, lying on the floor, was a much older priest enjoying a fag!
    Will be in another Buddhist country from Monday for about 10 days so will do some research.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-04-05 16:04:14
  • Still not sure what 'Brutally ignorant' gate was all about.
    If a perceived indifference to this thread Sen, a lot of the people who do graze here are quite intelligent free thinkers and I would guess, not overtly religious.
    I have posted my views on here before. Easter? Fine. Let's do chocolate!
    As for a personal creed, this is pretty close to my views. Not my words but from somewhere well known in certain circles and a prize to anyone who knows where from and said by whom:

It is the inalienable right of every sentient being, to live free, to pursue their dreams, to address wrongs within their own society, without fear of retribution, to believe as their conscious requires in matters of faith, but also to respect the rights of others to believe differently, or not at all.
  • Yes im WELL aware by now that we all have very DIFFERENT points of view but I'm sorry. If someone said Happy Eid then I'd say back to them Happy Eid out of politeness. Does it matter if I'm not a Muslim? Nope.

Politeness and religion are two very separate things.
  • Seems to me that some folk need to go back to the drawing board!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!