Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 106 Comments sorted by
  • I'm more amazed the man in question had the nerve to go ahead with it's publication! There must gave been plenty of women who wanted to deck him.
  • Unfortunately, men have used their physical strength against women through-out the ages. Women have been afraid to use their voices, because of fear. Without instilling fear, there would be no subservience.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-02-20 03:19:36
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Urban Tribesmen... we need to have a serious chat if that's your way of thinking! :)]

Yeah. We will come back to you for a quote when you've had (cough) years of marriage.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yeah...I'd probably give it 10 years at least. I haven't found anyone worthy of marrying yet but when I do your all invited to the engagement party. So start planning your outfits and headwear. You've got 10 years so no excuses!
  • I think you are selling women short, PG.  I feel it is that women had the maturity to see the stupidity of the men's actions and not duplicate them.  The frustration of it all is finally boiling over but, still, look at how it is being done.  With maturity.
  • You have to applaud the students who are standing up for gun reform in the wake of this week’s awful shooting. They speak so eloquently and forcefully. I like that the lead spokeswoman ( Emma?) recognised that she has her teachers to thank for giving her the education and passion to be able to do so. Things are going to change in the US pretty soon is my guess... I give Trump 3 month’s left in office if anyone wants a sweepstake with me.
  • I think you are selling women short, PG.  I feel it is that women had the maturity to see the stupidity of the men's actions and not duplicate them.  The frustration of it all is finally boiling over but, still, look at how it is being done.  With maturity.

I'm selling women short? I think men did that a very long time ago to women, and it still persists. Women STILL don't receive equal pay, to this day! It's intimidation. Women are the creators of this World, there would be NO men without them- why should there even be a fight for Equality?! What is wrong with men???
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2018-02-20 14:55:50
    U R I E L
  • I am with PG on this one. We give birth to life. God gave us that magic gift from the very beginning of time and went as far as to give honour and credit to Our Mother. But you don't have to be religious to understand or appreciate the fruits of what a woman can give.

It's about gender equality. In 2018 we are still not there yet. Its big in the media on news channels that male colleagues are getting paid 5 time more than their female colleagues.
  • Ponygurl said:

Unfortunately, men have used their physical strength against women through-out the ages. Women have been afraid to use their voices, because of fear. Without instilling fear, there would be no subservience.

Oh, I agree with PG's second statement, also.  It was this statement that I had trouble with.

Gender inequality is a fraction of the problem.  Men in positions of power to force their attentions on women is the most disgusting.  Those men clearly don't have what it takes, obviously.  And, there begins the real problem.  And, I still stand by what I said.  Women are more mature.  To expand on what I was saying, even in this age where the frustration has finally hit the roof, do you see women whining about it?  No.  Do you see women taking out guns to shoot all the assholes?  No.  You see women finally finding a way to gain their rights just as they always have, in a mature, human way.
    Ponygurl said:

I think you are selling women short, PG.  I feel it is that women had the maturity to see the stupidity of the men's actions and not duplicate them.  The frustration of it all is finally boiling over but, still, look at how it is being done.  With maturity.

• Looks like maturity hasn't helped if women are still fighting for simple equality.
    U R I E L
  • So true.  It isn't women's maturity that is at fault, though.  It's men's inability to mature - so far.  So, what could be holding them back?

In other words, while the maturity of women cannot be faulted (I respect tremendously that deep-seated unwillingness to share in the stupidity of men - if you really think about it, if you really want to praise women, just realize that we would be drowning in blood (even more than we have already), if it weren't for the stabilizing influence of women), the tide of men's stupidity could still drown us all.  Sorry for the complexity of that single sentence.  Since I'm not writing a book, I'm not going to pretty it up.
  • The real problem that I am trying to point out here is that, all of the legislation in the world is not going to resolve the underlying problem for women.  It is all just window dressing.  Should women pursue equal rights?  Should they pursue guys not being dickheads?  Of course!  The effect, though, will never ever be enough.  Women should be cherished and respected, just as S as pointing out.  Legislation will never ever make that happen.
  • I am blown away.  I just bought a new coffee maker today and noticed the my "3 cup" coffee cup now only holds 2.5 cups.  In total bafflement, I decided to check it against a actual measuring cup.  So, two cups from a measuring cup equals 3 cups in my new coffee maker and 3.5 cups in my old coffee maker?!?!?!  WTF?  What the hell are the manufacturers of these coffee makers thinking?
  • 1st world problems!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Not really a problem.  Just something that annoys the ever-lovin' shit out of me.  More than that, I really am just baffled as to what the heck the manufacturer's are thinking.  There is just so much that goes on that seems dumber than a roasted marshmallow falling of a stick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!