Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 106 Comments sorted by
  • The village P.O. gets worse!
    A) they ran out of stamps the other day
    B) they shut up shop all day to hold an Indian wedding, with marquee and everything, a couple of days ago. Sure that’s illegal.
    C) they ran out of Sellotape And batteries! It’s Christmas for Krishna, s sake!!!
  • I don’t know how to delete the above comment, but wish to do so in case my sense of humour is mistaken and my comments give offence to anyone. Obviously I was not making any racist jibe but see that it could come across that way. Crumbs, you have to be so careful these days... anyway, humble apologies and a sincere retraction of my comments are offered here, and if anyone knows how to delete it properly then please do so.
    Love and peace to all...and llamas.
  • I dont see the comment as being offensive in any way. Why would a post office shut up shop to host any event? That's ridiculous. You want to make a complaint.

More to the point who is Krishna? Did you tie up Krishna and shove her in a cupboard!!
  • Oh dear Serenity. A Hindu god. Like I said, no offence intended. Some might say they have offended ( some of) the locals by showing disrespect to Christmas lol. Mother in law reckons we should make an official complaint, but that’s not my style...I’ll just grumble, make an ill advised joke and shop with my feet as they say. Off to WHSmith!
  • Lol ok (I was joking).. is your mother in law one of those typical older aged pensionerspensioners who is very didactic in general? They don't hold back, mind you i don't either!

It's annoying though if there was no notice up!

I should be banned from w h Smith. I end up buying everything.
  • McDonalds- especially their new order and collect service (yes really you order your meal and bits and bobs) to essentially get your food 5 minutes faster than everyone else.

Well EVERY BLINKING person had the same idea so actually I ended up standing around 10 minutes for my food.
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2018-01-06 12:26:01
  • I'm not very patient either, I hate queues even at airports. Oh dont get me started when they open the gates but the plane isnt yet boarding. It happened once coming back from holiday and people were on the verge of passing out.
  • Kat is the post office back to normal or will you end up in nearby Yorkshire to get your 1st class stamp!! #-o
  • Don’t get me started, ignorant buffoons.
  • You love it really. :))
  • Illness. Got yet another cold and irritating dry scratchy throat. I've been through nearly every cough syrup known to man.
  • Considering setting fire to my throat which might solve the problem but create another NEW problem. :))
  • Hmm, have you tried honey? Gargle with some warm salt water several times, then a tablespoon of honey- it will naturally suppress the cough. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Raw honey. And let it linger.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!