Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-09-01 18:30:18
  • 21 Comments sorted by
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-09-01 18:27:52
  • I
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-09-01 18:28:16
  •  I 
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-09-01 18:28:51
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-09-01 18:29:14
  • Does anyone else understand what's going on?!
  • Hi Kat. Yes I will tell you what's going on. I got blocked by Alison Goldfrapp herself on Twitter after she made a comment about a Boots advert saying "We do not whisper and we are not embarrassed about being 40, but you should be embarrassed about your silly ad!"

To which i said "well if its any consolation I whisper to myself all the time and I'm 31."

Within minutes I get presented with a blank screen with the words 'you have been blocked from viewing this Twitter account.'

Yup. All because I was trying to be friendly.
  • Still nonplussed lol. I neither understand your point or the comment - a case of " you had to be there" I guess! I don't do Twitter, I'm more interested in garden gnomes than internet trolls etc. But I'm in the upper 40s, have a Boots loyalty card and talk / grumble / sing / do Marg Simpson impressions to myself all the time.

I wouldn't take it personally. Anything. Ever. ( smiles at own irony).
  • And as for the Morse Code? :-/
  • My comment was a joke intended to lighten the atmosphere as she was obviously disgruntled.

The problem with me is that im a sensitive soul.

Ithink we'd get on like a house on fire? Weird warbling? Singing? Garden gnomes. Count me in!!
  • It isn't Morse code. I was pretty upset yesterday and tried to delete my postings but they wouldn't delete properly.

I seem to have problems editing posts.
  • I cannot find the Boots advert in question nor any comments on Alison's Twitter account. I do not doubt your account of things Serenity, I am just puzzled as to what Alison could have taken her bat home about in the way you have described the events. Was anything else said on Twitter between you?
    Is this a Heaven?
    Is this a Hell?
    Do both exist?
    Who can tell?
  • I personally seen Alison's tweet about the advert come through, as I have Goldfrapp on notification mode for my phone, so Serenity certainly isn't making it up.  As for being blocked, you can't please everybody all of the time :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

I personally seen Alison's tweet about the advert come through, as I have Goldfrapp on notification mode for my phone, so Serenity certainly isn't making it up.  As for being blocked, you can't please everybody all of the time :P 

I found the tweet from her about the boots ad but nothing else about this. Can not find any advert in which Boots make a reference to age or whispering.
    Is this a Heaven?
    Is this a Hell?
    Do both exist?
    Who can tell?
  • I saw the comments They were far more perplexing than censurable.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!