Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 08:46:01
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Their Mortal Remains. I am going in June and booked tickets for it last September.
    I love some Floyd. Was only tinkering last night with Shine On on the keyboard. Gm, Dm, Cm.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 08:45:46
  • I am very fond of the middle actually. My entry album was Wish You Were Here, and I then went back to Dark Side of the Moon. I seemed to skip Animals then got The Wall. I found that interesting, but a bit of a Roger Waters love in. Since going to see The Floyd Effect, who are an excellent tribute band and so close to the real thing, I've gone back to albums like Meddle. Echoes, the compilation album, is a great introduction if anyone is interested.
    Shine on You Crazy Diamond, in all its glory, is 25 minutes long. An ode to Syd Barrett.
    'Remember when you were young, you shone like the Sun, Shine in you crazy diamond'
    'Now there's that look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky, Shine in you crazy diamond'
    'You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on a steel breeze'
    'Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr and shine!'
    A magnum opus!
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 08:45:37
  • It is a tribute to Syd. There is a well known Floyd legend that when the band were in the studio recording this track , no-one had seen Syd for several years. Then, through the window of the recording studio they saw a strange, hollow hulk of a man that they did not recognise standing by the mixing desk. They went into the mixing area to find it was none other than Syd. Overweight, pasty, deep set eyes, little recognition but there he was. Spooky!
  • That was Elvis!

I'd like to see this exhibition. Is it likely to go elsewhere in the country? Still got my fear of hitting the Big City lol.
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 08:45:27

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!