Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Admins - Can We Get a New Look
  • I'm being dramatic by creating a thread but can we at least get a banner change...

Fan base here is tight and home for the best of the Goldfrapp fans - why don't we deserve a current look?
  • 17 Comments sorted by
  • I've just inducted my 12th person onto the board with an invite.  I'm a sort of Goldfrapp impregnator !
    Whats wrong with the disembodied hand coming through Alison's cheek?
    To be honest, I'm glad the board is still here, warts and all.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Personally I love what we've got. I'd be sad to see the facial collage go.
  • I'm not too worried by looks. But I do want easy access and the restrictions on members is redundant and sad.

Wait...this is the personal relationships thread isn't it?
  • ^ Yeah, what's up with that image? I've also taken it to mean she is seeing something, then physically does it. Who really knows though, as most interpret art and image so differently.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ... if it ain't broke
  • I've been part of a forum for ten years this year that hasn't changed it's look in around seventeen years.  It's the most popular board in it's category, too.  Three years really isn't that much, don't be spoiled :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • This is the 2nd incarnation of this forum Gaelen. I think the original comes from 2003, so there are some on here that are in their 14th year of Frappery. They refer to those days as Ye Olde Forum.
    Anyone on here from those original days?
  • Jo_ey said:

I'm being dramatic by creating a thread but can we at least get a banner change...

Fan base here is tight and home for the best of the Goldfrapp fans - why don't we deserve a current look?

Interesting Jo_ey. I agree that as this is 'the' place, set up by Goldfrapp themselves for their fans to gather and chew the Goldfat, that marks it out as Goldfrapp prime in my opinion.
  • Edit: Ignore, i'm just being a tired fart.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-02-17 18:19:24
  • Ye olde forum was the second best forum I've ever seen.  Unfortunately, the best forum I have ever seen is proprietary and sports-centered.  If you're curious, it's SportNation.  It really is great the way it interacts.  It leads you beautifully through conversations and let's each individual post become its own conversation.  Truly brilliant.

If I were to rate this one, somewhere around the 7th circle, I guess.
  • Jo_ey said:

I'm being dramatic by creating a thread but can we at least get a banner change...

Sad to say but I remember a long while back (it was probably HJ) had said that they had tried to change the banner but they don't have the administrative access.  I'm guessing that whoever set up the board is not really pleased with some of the scathing comments (like 7th circle).
  • If I were to rate this one, somewhere around the 7th circle, I guess.

You're still here though. Trooper!
  • Sad to say but I remember a long while back (it was probably HJ) had said that they had tried to change the banner but they don't have the administrative access.  I'm guessing that whoever set up the board is not really pleased with some of the scathing comments (like 7th circle).

I actually changed the banner... to a TOU one, in 2013... but the f*ckers changed it back again! lol
    And then took away our ability to change.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-02-18 04:26:35
  • So you don't have much ultimate power then, HJ?  We need the GMB gods, who much like the christian God (supposedly), have fucked off and left us!

Question is, what would you change it to now?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!