Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Official Goldfrapp website access problem innit....
  • So I haven't been on the official website for some time and I'm a bit puzzled as pages appear inaccessible.
    If i click on say the 'News' section that's fine but if I click on
    an actual article, for instance the Roundhouse dates, I get a page with
    a picture of a padlock and a 'PASSWORD' box. For what it's worth I'm on the Mailing List. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is there an issue overall?  Cheers.

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • It works for me. I'm using a laptop not mobile.
  • softlad said:

So I haven't been on the official website for some time and I'm a bit puzzled as pages appear inaccessible.
    If i click on say the 'News' section that's fine but if I click on
    an actual article, for instance the Roundhouse dates, I get a page with
    a picture of a padlock and a 'PASSWORD' box. For what it's worth I'm on the Mailing List. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is there an issue overall?  Cheers.

Nice to see you back in the fold @softlad
    I seem to have no problem getting in with a laptop, I Pad or PC, so I guess it may have something to do with the change of the web site. It was playing up over the weekend with the padlock/password you describe, but that was on the merch page, and I assumed that was because they were not ready for it to go live.
    You can obviously access the forum ok?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-23 16:26:59
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • folklore: That works, I can use that as a jump off page.  Cheers.

Urban Tribesman:  Thanks for the welcome.  Yeah, I'm guessing the forum link works as it appears to be a seperate site.

I was going to post an image of the offending webpage but I was quickly reminded that posting images on this forum is not exactly simple.  Some things never change.
    :ar!
  • I got exactly the same padlock shit when I clicked on a news article yesterday. But worked OK this mornng? I guess they're still fiddling!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-01-24 09:09:33
  • Was anyone else having trouble accessing the forum for the last several days?  Yes, I was using the right URL and, yes, I tried clicking directly from the homepage.  Got an error message page that said "BONK! Something went wrong" or something like that -- but it definitely said "bonk!".  Ha.  
  • Yeah, we all were. I believe that's the error message a Vanilla Forum gives you. "Bonk"..very Vanilla.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Yes, I had that issue as well for about a week.  Was nearly about to clear my cookies as I had zero access and thought it was me that caused the issue as it went on for so damn long.  Turns out they were just slow af at changing stuff, whatever it was they were changing...
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!