Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 35 Comments sorted by
  • Sounds like a trapped nerve to me.i can recommend a good consultant!
  • Trust me- it's not Gabapentin she needs. Probably a priest.
  • This was the Can anyone recommend a good newspaper thread.
    At the moment, no. They are mostly, Tory/Right wing billionaire led shit stains only useful to be torn up for use in an outside lavvy.
    I believe the Independant is holding out and possibly the Mirror but the rest, bin 'em!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-04-11 00:49:12
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Any of them are good wrapped round cod and chips or screwed into fire balls. Or lining small animal cages. Or making compostible plant pots. Shall I go on ? Am I being helpful?
  • I really dislike being led in my opinion. The way the tabloids try to bend opinion of readers with selective stories, headlines, even by story placement.
    Last week, when Boris made a huge arse of himself (again) by saying it was definatley the Russians behind the Novichok attack in Salsibury, and that he 'spoke to the guy (at Portland Down) and he was absolutely catorgoric that it was Russia and their is no doubt' only for the guy who runs Portlan Down to come on and say that they had been unable to track the samples back to Russia. We persuaded 29 countries on this 'evidence' to kick out loads of diplomats. These are the people that talk to our counterparts to keep the world a safer place as most wars are started on misconceptions of the other sides view.
    How did the right wing media report this? The Express carried this story in two paragraphs on page 24 ( not front page where the initial story of 'The Russians Did It !' Had been placed. The dear old BBC (Boris Broadcasting Corp) edited out the bit of that interview where Boris says 'I spoke to the guy....there is no doubt'
    Shocking dereliction of duty. They are nothing more than Tory mouthpieces as you would expect to find in a Fascist state.
    We are being lied to. Manipulated. And it is shocking how many people continue to swallow these lies despite the mounting catalogue of facts to the contrary. £1billion of funding loss and 20,000 policeman less on the streets is not what is behind the rise in crime on the streets, it is social media ( that's us). The loss of sufficient funding into the NHS since 2010 (start of the Tory/Lib coalition) has nothing to do with the massive waiting times in A & E, the loss of beds, nurses, doctors, cancalled operations etc (remember, I worked in the NHS and have seen this drop in funding first hand) the list goes on and on but none of it is because of Tory policy over the last 8 years (apparantly). Meanwhile, they are making themselves richer and richer with there directorship of companies like private healthcare ( the woman, who was due to replace Jeremy Hunt as Health Secretary, her husband is a Director of Virgin Healthcare. Conflict of interest or what? Pecuniary Interests?
    Anyone else smell that coffee?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2018-04-11 00:45:04
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!