Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  •  

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 08:53:48
  • 96 Comments sorted by
  • Turn absolutely everything in life into a CT!!
  • One way I have found to make a confrontational situation go to the next, Defcon 1, setting, when someone is in your face giving it large with the profanities, is to calmly say ' Do you kiss your Mother with that mouth?'
    Works every time !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I tell people I vote Conservative to wind them up. ;)) :O :-B
  • Hahaha!  I always tell them, HB, that I've never voted, never will.  It only encourages them.

Only 90 more to go, Kat, but I think we could dream up more.

I'd go with Defcon -1, UT.  Hmmm, what exactly would that mean?
  • Only another 90 to go WW? I'm struggling. Clearly I'm not the sort of person who likes winding others up! ;;) >:) :-))
  • Of course, Kat!  I believe you!  Just wait for the "The Counseling Christmas Carols" when the season nears.  
    Here's another ten.  Sorry for all the extra lines... I just realized, number 102, "put a lot of unnecessary lines in posts"!

11. Stomp on little plastic ketchup packets.

12. Sniffle incessantly.

13. Leave your turn signal on for fifty miles.

14. Name your dog "Dog." 

15. Insist on keeping your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions "to keep them tuned up."

16. Reply to everything someone says with "that's what YOU think."

17. Claim that you must always wear a bicycle helmet as part of your "astronaut training."

18. Declare your apartment an independent nation, and sue your neighbors upstairs for "violating your airspace".

19. Forget the punchline to a long joke, but assure the listener it was a "real hoot."

20. Follow a few paces behind someone, spraying everything they touch with Lysol.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-23 08:19:53
  • You really must be an extremely irritating person WW, just as I was thinking I like you! Are you a curmudgeonly old bugger like Victor Meldrew? Do you have too much time on your hands?!
    I have found that by answering any grumble I hear with " well that's what you get when you leave the EU" is a good wind- up. I've only been able to try it out on er indoors up til now, being a recluse current,y, but it's working on her. Especially as she voted same as me.
  • Let's see how to answer...I think you are talking about my EU comment.  If you are talking about this thread, definitely not!  I just think some of the are pretty funny idea.

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!???

Naw, I guess I have a curmudgeonly streak in me but, mostly, I think I am of the "I don't vote because it only encourages the knuckle-heads".  It's the people that feel like they are doing the rest of us a service (which is the case with all elected officials) that just annoy me greatly.  I honestly believe in "let them do what they are going to do anyways and ignore it, otherwise it will give one heartburn and waste precious time on nonsense".

Or, for the more standard view, one of my favorite concepts, "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." I have to add an addendum to that though.  "and accept the things that are worth wasting time on".

I also really like:

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

I haven't been very good that that most of my life but I'm damn well trying now.   Gotta learn to dance first, though.  And, that could lead to another totally different digression which I will save you from having to read.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-26 16:53:28
  • And the next round...

21. Practice making fax and modem noises.

22. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and "cc:" them to your boss.

23. Make beeping noises when a large person backs up.

24. Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

25. Erect an elaborate network of ropes in your backyard, and tell the neighbors you are a "spider person."

26. Finish all your sentences with the words "in accordance with the prophesy."

27. Wear a special hip holster for your remote control.

28. Do not add any inflection to the end of your sentences, producing awkward silences with the impression that you'll be saying more any moment.

29. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears.

30. Disassemble your pen and "accidentally" flip the ink cartridge across the room.

• You are very amusing WW and I do like you, really! I can't agree with you on the no-voting concept though, although I can see where you're coming from. Think of the suffragettes, think about those countries ruled by autocrats...the only way to preserve what's left of democracy is to be part of the process, even if the choice does seem to be between the devil and satan. I don't see how anyone who doesn't vote has any right to comment on any political decisions made. Then again, there are so many amoebic pond life that do vote...
  • My view on the matter, Kat, is that there are those that want to struggle with the surface issues and that's good - up to a point.  But, the world really needs people to say, "that's not enough, that's not going to get us there".  I won't go into an in-depth discussion here but laws are  a vast improvement over lawlessness, certainly.  But, it is not the end game.  The end game is when there are no laws required because mankind has figured out how to control itself.  Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?  I think we are a lot closer to that than anyone might believe.  Everyone gets so caught up in the current situation that almost no one looks past the next quarter.  And, seemingly, no one takes a really long view.  Did you ever hear anyone mention the turn of the millennium in the late 90's?  I didn't and I was listening for it.  They talked about the turn of the century.  That may seem like a minor little circumstance but I think it is indicative of a species that keeps tripping over current events like they are the be-all and end-all.  No one seems to ever ponder the concept of whether mankind can become a truly sentient, sapient species.  Are we sentient?  Barely and huge misperceptions would argue that we are not yet.  Sapient?  Not even close.  Not yet.
  • I'm thinking of setting up a commune. Anyone want to join me? Feeling the need for time out from this world and to seek a new utopia. Spoken like a true Fraphead.
  • Good luck finding utopia.  I'll skip the next comment because it would sound curmudgeonly.

• 31. Kill them.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • 1. Make all kinds of promises to the electorate about extra money for the cash strapped NHS.
    2. To the same, hapless group, promise you will curb net migration.
    3. Have absolutely no fucking clue how to deliver 1 or 2 but spout on about it until the average punter believes it and marches, lemming like to do your bidding.
    4. Once the clop heads deliver your plan, go absent while your beloved country goes to shit.
    You know who you are, Bo Jo and Vadge !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!