Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Hello.
    Could anyone tell me which UK tv channel televised a live Goldfrapp performance.
    Also, when was the last live performance .
    Thanks.
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Hey Tompat. First thread!
    I can only remember two channels showing any Goldfrapp. The BBC obviously with Glastonbury coverage. The time before last the put their whole set on and repeated it on the Red button. 30 to 40 minutes from memory. The last time they were in I only remember 2 songs on the red button but they probably showed the whole set at the time they were on. Also, a number of Jules Holland appearances.
    The other place is Channel 4 and many years ago, at the time of Black Cherry, they showed a program called 'A Summer of Goldfrapp'. Songs, interviews and a narrative following Alison and the band on tour around the world. Ch 4 has also featured them on a couple of their music programs.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-03-25 07:58:00
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Thanks. UT
  • Hello TP,
    the last live show on UK TV was the BBC 6-music special on 15 October 2013 streamed live on the red button.
    The session included 7 songs: Clowns, Annabel, Stranger, Alvar, You Never Know, Yellow Halo, Lovely Head - what a wonderful day
  • Hi Peter
    Long time no hear again. Trust all is well with you and nice to know you are still grazing out there in the long grass! I forgot about the 6 Music special. Must have it apron a self recorded DVD somewhere.
  • Most are on YouTube. Just checked.
  • Hi Nick, good to hear from you too - yes I still graze here occasionally desperately hoping for news on the next album!!
  • I like to think that somewhere out there in a remote bungalow near some woods, Ali and Will are honing something special and worth waiting for.
  • Regarding the 15th Oct 2013 Maida Vale performance... as UT says, most songs are on Youtube. I did have to remove one - 'Yellow halo'... the reason given being 'copyright restrictions'. I don't believe anyone else has it up on Youtube.

I'm happy to share YH here... as an mp4 sitting on my server. I think it should play directly, or you can download the file. I should warn people though... this is the clip during which Alison breaks down emotionally. It's very moving and everyone who has expressed an opinion... has congratulated her for carrying on with it. The song is apparently about the passing of Alison's mother.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!