Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I'm really pleased ( and not at all surprised) to see that Alison has retweeted re the China "dog meat festival".... Sickening....I have to confess that I'm too scared / too sensitive to actually follow the links on this story and read about it in detail as I know that I'll see images that will haunt me forever. I will be following up on the relevant charities and organisations that are seeking to ban it however.i was just having a very cheeky thought....if Al and Will just happened to be reading......( You Never Know)....would it be at all possible for them to put on a gig one day, proceeds from which could go to such a charity? I know there are thousands of other worthy causes out there of course, and who wouldn't want to help them all, but given that so many Frappers are animal lovers and Alison is known for being one too, then.....well, just a thought...
    Even if it was a gig with tickets available first to site subscribers, I'm sure it could raise big bucks ( donations as well as ticket prices).
    I'm sure I'm being naive and someone will tell me that I'm barking up the wrong seventh tree...I was just dreaming.... :o3
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Sounds a great idea Kat. I'm there for a bit of charity, and a good gig to boot. In the mean time

I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming
    Dreaming is free
    Dreaming
    Dreaming is free
    Dreaming
    Dreaming is free
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well, the more people who say something positive on this thread, you know....?
  • Sighs.....the poor dogs are hooked up, after having been kicked to near death in many cases...then skinned alive. I was unfortunate enough to catch a video clip of just that and have been traumatised ever since. Just thought others should wake up. If anyone cares.
    Feeling pretty low.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!