Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 24 Comments sorted by
  • hmm, thanks for pointing that out ( :-w If we are left in charge then order will be restored....first Wigtoft, then The World.
  • I've been on the Parish Council some 10 years now. Currently footpath warden.
    The power frightens me !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Wants to make a link to that Duran Duran song about Cracks In The Pavement...
    Any advice on weed control on block paving would be most welcome Oh Mighty One.
  • Salt? Vinegar? Bleach?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Vinegar, definitely, as long as you want to kill everything.  Baking soda works pretty well, also.
  • By footpaths, we are normally looking at public footpaths across fields where the farmers do not maintain them or block them, despite both of these being enforceable by law.
    I would suggest Roundup for your block paving or another systemic weed killer but keep the pooches off it for 24 hours, don't apply it if it is going to rain within 24 hours and don't tell @ponygurl as it's probably made by Nazis or the Illuminati !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-08-27 05:54:59
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Worse. Monsanto.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm rolling around laughing- I only posed the question to wind UT up!
  • Slightly off topic RE: Vinegar and baking Soda. Saw a lifehack video posted on Facebook about restoring your rusty saucepan back to their former brilliance. It advised to boil some vinegar in the rusty pan and add two teaspoons of baking Soda which will obliterate any rust.

The onky thing it obliterating were the inside of my nostrils as the smell coming off it was foul.

If any of you have worked or looking after a child or adult with an intestinal stoma bag- it's THAT kind of smell.

Next time- I will use Cillit Bang. (Does anyone else think this name of cleaner looks a bit questionable?)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!