Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Here's to one of the GMB's grand old men beginning his sixth decade today!
    Post edited by Duncan at 2014-10-12 06:49:45
    Are you going to the party?
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Happy big 5-0 Mr APL!
  • I spent a pleasant (food, drink, art, drink) Friday afternoon with both of the said gentlemen a week ago as a pre-emptive strike.

On fine form they were too - APL didn't look a day over 49.73
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• 'Ullo, me dearios. (And you have to be about fifty to recognise that reference...)

Thank you all, and sorry I haven't been here much this last...year. Stuff happens. But, to quote Granny Weatherwax: "I aten't dead". I notice the Old 'Frapp Site has finally gone. A sad day. Still, tempus fudging it and all that.

A most splendid afternoon it was too, Mr. Carpy - don't forget the Xmas Pie do at The Red House on December 5th! Your presence will be hoped for.

This Friday was a bit more...traditional; wandering round the several pubs of my home village with Duncan and a couple of other reprobates. I think we called it a day after Pint Eight (...?) I intend to grow old disgracefully, it would be a shame to change things now. Anyway, I felt no pain...

Having a rather gentler time of it today; working through the vast array of fine music Carpy USB'd for my present - many thanks. Just finished the Neil Cowley Trio. Very mellow. Much like the glass(es) of Bowmore malt I accompanied it with; my present from Mr. Duncan and the delightful Mrs. Duncan. Many thanks.

See you all down the road aways.

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!