Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Wonderful Electric - An anniversary
  • Appy and I (and Mrs Appy, as Mrs UT is sunning herself by the pool as usual) are watching Wonderful Electric on DVD en Frances. At the start of the Somerset House gig, there is the date of the concert posted, and it is the 13th July 2003. In other words, next Sunday is the 11th anniversary of that gig and, correct me if I am wrong, the last time we had an official concert filmed and released for fans to buy. Not that this was the last time a concert was filmed as I am sure, like me, you have seen many Goldfrapp concerts with multiple cameras recording them (the Union Chapel and one of the Brixton Academy gigs off the top of my head). So, Bon Anniversaire Wonderful Electric, 11 on Sunday, and just what has happened since and why have there been no further concerts released and just where is all that footage?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Alison looks stunning by the way in short skirt, leather boots and Kepi, as does Angie. Charlie does not appear to have changed a great deal but Davide though seems to have lost a lot of weight.  Then I watched the other concert at the Shepards Bush Empire and eveyone has changed. No Charlie or Angie, Davide dressed al Alpine and Rowane looking much the same on the drums. Alison more curvey and sporting the straight hair her Mum disliked so much.  Watched the whole thing in the end, including the docs A Trip to Felt Mountain and A Summer of Goldfrapp.  A nice blast from the past.
    Just a thought.  Are we not getting physical DVD/Blu-Ray releases of things as we now have access to the live streams at times like Glasto and Montreux that we have seen ( and downloaded) recently?  Perhaps this is seen as the cheaper alternative for the band in this digital age?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ten years -- crumbs!  The nearest thing to a concert on DVD since that Somerset House one is the footage of the Bexhill gig on the Seventh Tree Special Edition.  Alas, that's not the full concert and (annoyingly) it takes us back to the menu after each song.  Little Bird at the Union Chapel (but alas not at DVD quality) was on a Caravan Girl single.  There are a number of other individual live songs in various places, some of them on DVD, including Ride a White Horse at Brixton included on the de luxe American Supernature (but not on the UK one... it's on the Ride a White Horse DVD single).  Since Wonderful Electric, I think we've been very badly served for Goldfrapp footage on DVD -- and worse since the demise of the DVD single.  I'm afraid that I don't have much hope for things improving.
    Post edited by Pet at 2014-07-11 12:02:06

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!