Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I would like to read what other's think of me. By doing so, I'll become a better person. You'll hurt my feelings if you lie. And if the reply be yes, please expand and explain why you said that.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• 24 Comments sorted by
  • @banana- What can a person do to make them love you?

You cannot "make" another love you B. You can be yourself, pursue your talents..use your gifts. Become whole within yourself, heal yourself. When I say heal, I mean forgive the past and start new...like iuv said. There are no guarantees in love B, but if your heart is healed and open to it...it will find you.

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-06-25 01:56:30
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • It's better to ask, "what kind of cake do you think I am?"

I think you're Lemon Chiffon with an iridescent confectioners glaze, served room temperature-
    U R I E L
  • I don't know...sometimes I feel suddenly happy, then just as quick, suddenly feeling down. Yes I have a partner but, but......I'll just let it go with that. I'm very shy and lonely, and I get so mad at myself that I let myself feel like that. Sometimes I talk to myself.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Maybe you're an upside down cake.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • well if i'm upside down, then who's on top?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Pineapple?
    U R I E L
  • banana said:

well if i'm upside down, then who's on top?

And there we have it!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-06-23 00:00:31
  • banana said:

Sometimes I talk to myself.

I do that a lot, sometimes conducting extended conversations or arguments.  I think it's unremarkable.

I also talk to people, cats and domestic appliances (especially kettles).
  • I curse the laws of physics now and then.
  • I know I joke alot (or "take the piss" as you Brits may say) but I'm gonna give you some real advice B. Don't look to other people to validate you. Honestly, who gives a rat's ass what others think of you. It has caused your pain and sadness..but more importantly, it's not a real reflection of who you are. For instance, look at people with a great amount of Fame. More often than not they have just as many people dislike them as the ones who love them. You must validate yourself only- you are worthy of love B. Sometimes we are born into fucked families (I was too) or are picked on. Understand that even though those experiences may have shaped your life, forgive them and know that you are something much more than another's appraisal.
    U R I E L
  • Hellz yeah, PoGu!
  • Some sage orator once said that 50% of the people in the world won't like you--for whatever reason. Your job is to find the 50% that do.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-06-23 23:04:19
  • Ponygurl said:

Understand that even though those experiences may have shaped your life, forgive them and know that you are something much more than another's appraisal.

I was recently trying to explain to a friend that, despite what many will try to tell you, you are NOT the sum of your experiences. Rather, you are brand new every day--every moment if you can break it down that way.
  • Ponygurl said:

I know I joke alot (or "take the piss" as you Brits may say) but I'm gonna give you some real advice B. Don't look to other people to validate you. Honestly, who gives a rat's ass what others think of you. It has caused your pain and sadness..but more importantly, it's not a real reflection of who you are. For instance, look at people with a great amount of Fame. More often than not they have just as many people dislike them as the ones who love them. You must validate yourself only- you are worthy of love B. Sometimes we are born into fucked families (I was too) or are picked on. Understand that even though those experiences may have shaped your life, forgive them and know that you are something much more than another's appraisal.

What can a person do to make them love you?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Yo P G. Nice use of 'take the piss'. Good to hear this is in use across the pond. You should temper this with ''avin a laugh' as in 'are you 'avin a laugh?' Which is basically the same as 'are you taking the piss' except more polite. Used with the right accusationsl tone, it is effectively confrontational! I guess it stems from ' are you having a laugh at my expense?'
    Are you familiar with 'go choke your chimp' ?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!