Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The 'Shut Up and Sing' Thing
  • I am a newish fan so I am uneducated. Perhaps y'all can clue me in on a surprising incident. I was cruising the internet looking for digital images to play with. There was a very good photo of Will and Allison that led me to a web site where the men discussing Alison complained that she is so opinionated and...well..talky. She expresses herself too much and who wants to hear it anyway?

Is this really an issue? That Alison has opinions and even articulates them? Or did I just stumble upon the Sourpuss Gang?

Post edited by TVC15 at 2014-04-27 17:24:53
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi TVC15
    I think a lot of us have spent time during our lives trawling the internet looking for images to play with. No harm in this. Contrary to popular believe, you will not go blind.
    If anything, I have always found Alison to be anything other than talky. Particularly at gigs, we have often said that she does not seem comfortable between songs interacting with the crowd and is only really happy when she is singing. There are often awkward pauses between songs, but she has got better in the last couple of years and occasionally breaks the mould and is more chatty than normal.
    Sounds like you happened upon some men who do not really respect Women in general and have no time for their thoughts or opinions. With a voice as Devine as hers; so versatile and effortless in its delivery, she really does not need to say much but I, for one, would listen to her chat all day.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This thread leads me to recall a Facemither post when we had a power outage earlier in the year.

The UT's have started singing a Chaz n Dave medley - they just keep givin' it that! HELP

Note - Never challenge the UT's to a singing contest
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • TVC15. I think we just found your sourpuss gang !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!