Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
York Barbican Theatre - Saturday 5th April
  • Sooooo excited.

I've been poorly all week and panicking I wasn't going to be well to attend, however feeling better - thankfully!

Anyone else going tonight?
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • Yes. My wife (Denise) and I shall be there. Stalls C23/24

Sophie_Banner
  • Aww, this is in my (original) neck of the woods... was tempted to travel back oop north for it, but with the cost of the Brighton gig and the upcoming K Bush gig (still owe you for that, DC) - I had to pull out.

Hope it's a special evening, Mr Baxter, Mrs Baxter, Mr Fenland and Mr Tomato! :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-04-06 07:56:23
  • Dcbaxter....sitting on the row behind you along to the left.
  • Anyone know who the support band are?
  • Ok, the band have just introduced themselves as we were evergreen.
  • Enjoy, everybody. You're probably all hearing/watching 'Alvar' as I type.
  • great audience ! Almost like Glasgow, all standing and dancing from Number one to the end.
    Met David Baxter and his wife, and spoken a little bit with him about tickets and gigs
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-04-05 18:35:17
  • Any changes to the set list?
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-04-06 09:31:43
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • setlist was the same as Reading
  • Top gig!

Alison was suffering from a heavy cold and i was a bit worried at the start as she seemed to struggle a little. But she got better and better as the gig went on.

Most of the all-seated crowd were up on their feet from about the half way point, and it was a great atmosphere.

Great moment as someone in the audience shouted out "Play Rocket!"

Alison thought for a moment, shrugged her shoulders and said "No....", cue much laughter from the audience.

What a gig, what a voice, what a night.
  • Amazing, as always. Had great seats. Got some great shots too...uploaded to my Instagram account... THOMASLAWRIECLARK if anyone wants to see them

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!