Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Has anyone heard that Alison was caught out in the heavy rain last night, has caught a dreadful cold, seems to be losing her voice, and may have to cancel some gigs?
    Post edited by Pet at 2014-04-01 06:41:40
  • 29 Comments sorted by
  • Nearly not funny you dreadful April fool! :(( :-((
  • *Sigh*  Rumbled!  There's maybe a clue in this being Off Topic, rather than Goldfrapp News.
  • The weird thing about this is that I received a letter from an old friend yesterday...  Well, that's not weird in itself, but this morning I emailed him with this April Fool jape:

Since it was a sunny day, I took your letter to the Queen Elisabeth Park (it used to be the Olympic place) to write my reply.  I settled at one of the picnic tables by the flamingo lagoon.  (They've changed some Olympic boating lake into a reed-girt flamingo lagoon.  It's very pretty, but...)  I'd only just sat down when one of the flamingos came at me, squawking and flapping its wings.  They're big, and they're savage, and I must have been too close to the bird's nest.  Anyway, I ran for it.  The flamingo picked up your letter in its beak, and has probably used it as nesting material.  I'm not sure what to do about answering your letter, now.

The weird thing is that my friend was actually fooled by this obvious nonsense about a flamingo taking his letter.  Here, I post something entirely plausible and I'm not believed.  Perhaps I should have posted that Alison had been bitten by a flamingo.
  • Despairing of taking anyone in with this thread, and pleased to have fooled my friend with such a bizarre story, I've now changed the thread title.

Has anyone else attempted to perpetrate an April Fool's jape?
  • There is a "new GoldfrApp" announcement floating around here...

hunter
  • Oh, I see!  Hitherto, I'd only read the start of that post.  I saw that it was about "apps" and stopped reading.  I'm not entirely sure what "apps" are, although I have heard of them.  They are not things that affect the world I live in.
  • Pet said:

Despairing of taking anyone in with this thread, and pleased to have fooled my friend with such a bizarre story, I've now changed the thread title.

Has anyone else attempted to perpetrate an April Fool's jape?

Thinking of one at this very mo'....maybe I'll tell my mom I'm pregnant, bahahaha!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That would depend, Ms Ponygurl, on your mother's attitudes.  If your falling pregnant would delight her, please don't tell her that.  Revealing a piece of foolery shouldn't make the fooled person cry.
    Post edited by Pet at 2014-04-01 08:29:46
  • Oh I'm sure her bullshit detector would go off immediately...hahaha! No worries Pet.
    U R I E L
  • I suppose it might depend on how many convincing details you piled on.  Liberally lacing the story with alcohol, for example, might loan it an air of truth.  That's unless, Ms Ponygurl, strong drink never passes your lips.
  • I once gave a friend a very real looking (but fake) winning lotto scratch off ticket. There was some excellent acting on my part (if i do say so myself). It was hilarious. I only stopped her when she picked up the telephone to call her mother.
    I'm a terror. It sounds a bit mean but, it was all good fun. She said that i gave her the gift of knowing exactly what it feels like to win the lottery. She laughed till she cried. I never really cared for April Fools day all that much...Except that one time. That was a good one.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I usually come up with some unforgettable pranks, but I'm not quite in the most cheerful of moods this April. I just found out that the woman I believed to be my sister is actually my birth mother. This was revealed to me by my mother, who, of course, turns out to be my biological grandmother. To make matters worse, the man I believed to be my father was, indeed, my father but also my grandfather. This all came to light when my sister/mother came up for parole last week--she has spent over four decades in a federal penitentiary for murdering her father in 1969 when I was yet a suckling infant. I think I was weaned from the teat too early as a result of the circumstances; doesn't that explain a lot? In my sister's defense, my mother revealed at the parole hearing the circumstances of the sexual abuse that led to the murder with great hope that it would sway their decision. It did not, but if you knew the horrifying nature of the murder--as well as her subsequent behavior in prison--you would understand why. Anyhow, it's all too much to process at the moment. I believe that the only thing that could possible get me through this is the generous gift of a spare ticket to 'Before the Dawn' later this year, and, if at all possible, a night of unbridled passion with Benedict Cumberbatch. So, there you have it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • That explains everything :D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Pet said:

I suppose it might depend on how many convincing details you piled on.  Liberally lacing the story with alcohol, for example, might loan it an air of truth.  That's unless, Ms Ponygurl, strong drink never passes your lips.

Oh I'm what you call 'straightedge'...I never drink!

(April fools...obviously.. Fuck, I'm drunk now!)

....the being 'drunk now' part was an extended April fools thing, see I gotcha again.
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

Pet said:

I suppose it might depend on how many convincing details you piled on.  Liberally lacing the story with alcohol, for example, might loan it an air of truth.  That's unless, Ms Ponygurl, strong drink never passes your lips.

Oh I'm what you call 'straightedge'...I never drink!

(April fools...obviously.. Fuck, I'm drunk now!)

....the being 'drunk now' part was an extended April fools thing, see I gotcha again.

Gaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that you are no stranger to alcohol, but that you were not drunk when you posted that.

Good to see Ms A_is_A back, isn't it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!