Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
So..? Catch me up? We're getting new vids in 2014?
  • I must admit I haven't been paying much attention since autumn.  Do we know if/when we will see the rest of the videos?  After the quick succession of "Drew" and "Annabel" I was expecting at least one more by now.  Are they being shown in those live cinema events that you Brit deers have been going on about?  Guess that means we won't be seeing the videos online until late winter at the earliest? 

Assume that last iPhone commercial took care of any funding shortfalls there may have been for the videos. 
  • 42 Comments sorted by
  • and i'll just say this.....Alison's propensity to dismiss her previous work and deny fans releases in the past......example: Supernature tour which was filmed on a few occasions "I looked like a drag queen"...ugh

if these short films don't end up on a bluray release...i'm going to be severely pissed............. /fin
  • You do not owe a Deluxe Box then, do you Horse? There are films of Jo, Stranger and Laurel as well! They can be found in the "grey" circuit, for example by people who do not have the money for such a Deluxe Box. But that is not respectful to the bands intellectual and artistic ownership of the vids (as many others on this forum have pointed out more or less subtile...). :-S
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2014-01-02 09:55:47
  • Are Jo, Stranger and Laurel on the deluxe set? I don't have it, but I didn't think they were included...
  • You do not owe a Deluxe Box then, do you Horse? There are films of Jo, Stranger and Laurel as well! They can be found in the "grey" circuit, for example by people who do not have the money for such a Deluxe Box. But that is not respectful to the bands intellectual and artistic ownership of the vids (as many others on this forum have pointed out more or less subtile...). :-S

Only Drew, Annabel and the making off are on the deluxe box set.
  • Oh, sorry. My mistake; I thought I remembered that from another thread, but I am obviously wrong about it!
    Don´t know houw the other vids ended up being on the internet, then...
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2014-01-02 11:35:00
  • I decided to have another go at remixing Drew, after Rewak posted the accapellas (cheers!) so I might need some ahem... links sent to my PM box. It's just that I usually make a video for YouTube, so it would be nice to source all the Tales videos.

I'm so naughty, I know. Can't help it.

• So... sounds like we have no idea what the future of the remaining videos is?   That's okay, I like surprises.  Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. 
  • yes the vids leaked on the production company site? for a few hours.....people nabbed them....
    and the remaining vids are readily available on youtube if you can't wait.....surprised they've been up this long

• sorry i'm obviously forum video posting impaired...please fix  HJ if able 

they show up 1st search on youtube..maybe it's a country deal?

Laurel seems to have disappeared 

links still work for me....i don't get the uber sensitivity since it was the production company that posted the films on their webpage....
    but okay removed....i'd rather be open and honest about it than "disrespect" the band in private ...lame

Post edited by stevil at 2014-01-03 21:46:00
  • Oh dear.  I didn't mean for this to happen.  @Stevil, perhaps we should go ahead and remove those links given that this is the band's official forum.  Feel's a touch disrespectful.  I'm tempted to watch them, but I think I'll wait to see them when/as Alison and co have intended.  At least I'm going to try to.  
  • unfortunately there are only annabel and drew on the box, i really hope the next video is Jo, love that video and prefer it coloured than b/w, and love Alison's shoes in the first part
    :\">
  • i don't know if it's a good idea to post them, when i made Alison notice the videos she was really pissed off with the agency and made me delete the thread so i don't know.............
    Post edited by giulys at 2014-01-03 08:57:01
  • Ok, my fault for being impatient. I did specify a Private message rather than posting links publicly, but those links are blocked anyway.

Stevil, you might want to edit your post ;-)

• private message and public post? seems like the private message is more of an FU to the band...*sneaky behind your back
    they know they leaked and who leaked them....and they haven't had them taken down ...but i did remove the links....
    :)
    Post edited by stevil at 2014-01-03 22:52:41
  • Don't believe for a second that a hundred people didn't jump on those links, Stevil. Besides, as with the summer leak drama, people just want to go on public record and say how sinful it is, meanwhile...
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!