Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Seems a long way, I wish the album was released closer to the manc dates. I think it would make more sense maybe? Wonder why there's such a gap?
  • 84 Comments sorted by
  • I think I am right in saying in the music industry summer is not a good time to release an album, and sales are generally thought to be more positive in September. I mean this might not be the case now, but I believe it is the case, as I was recently doing a bit of research on the subject, so I think it is entirely down to maximising the commercial impact really folklore ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Was just thinking about this today!

Thank God it's nearly July. I need phase 2 of the new site to keep me going. The wait gets gets that bit more tedious every day :( Need new music!

• (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:47:39
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • yes but you've heard the album! No more waiting for you haha!
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:47:49
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • true but still more than most of us!
  • Remember when hearing Melancholy live kinda skewed expectation for it? Yeah, i dunno what the schedule is all about but it's a little messed up.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:48:11
  • You'd hope they'd at least toss one of the films up after the MIF show, announce a single, that kinda thing. I just doubt they're going to, i don't see that happening until August.
  • And now we at July.

While there's still over 2 months left to wait, I just saw on my twitter feed that an album has leaked that isn't meant to be released until September 17th.
    Now while that's not me saying I hope it leaks months in advance, I'm just saying... Anything can happen.
    Post edited by Low at 2013-06-30 19:15:00

• september 9th 70 days to go...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Argh! That sounds ages!!!
  • Here's what's strange to me.  Goldfrapp is going to play all of their un-released tunes almost two months before they release the CD.  Am I missing something?  Won't this assure that it will get leaked?  Is that normal?  Is it just a way to get the public revved up for the relase?  As has been stated in some thread, there are a lot of releases in September, are they trying to get an edge?.
  • I don't attend shows often these days, but I remember bands always playing new material--sometimes before it was even recorded.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Here's what's strange to me.  Goldfrapp is going to play all of their un-released tunes almost two months before they release the CD.  Am I missing something?  Won't this assure that it will get leaked?  Is that normal?  Is it just a way to get the public revved up for the relase?  As has been stated in some thread, there are a lot of releases in September, are they trying to get an edge?.

I think the answer lies in context (to me anyway) , the new material will be played to true fans in the confines of a venue that will be leaking history and visual tactileness (if that exists) , if you are playing a new album and want to share it with your fans and receive feedback from the fans but don`t want a standing audience deciding its time for a chat-a-thon - it is a perfect environment . Its the best place , at the best time with the best people (and me) .
    Alison has said before and at Bristol , she gets nervous , if you were playing a new album outside of that environment and it died on its arse , personally it would make me never want to sing again . The time difference I suspect is because its being filmed , they`ll need time to post produce it etc etc and the 6-7 weeks should be enough (?) to release some of it (all of it) to align with the album release .
     The live versions of the tracks might well possibly leak , but thats not the same as the album itself of course . 

The link below is to an article about "cutlery influencing how we taste food" , without labouring the point , I personally think thats a parallel to how we like music differently at different times at different places ....with spoons :D ...and how much I am looking forward to Manchester and why I decided to change my mind .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-01 15:36:05
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!