Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Isn't Thea live awesome?

I've only heard it on low fi youtube recordings but I find the double layer of Alison's vocals mesmerizing and how the violin reaches the same pitch as Alison's voice and melts with it. Amazing stuff. What you reckon dears?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-25 05:52:10
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • I can't agree more Luis, one of the (many) interesting moments of the concert. The first time I've heard Thea (in Amsterdam) I was shocked !
  • You lucky guy! Did you record it?
  • Isn't Thea live awesome?

I've only heard it on low fi youtube recordings but I find the double layer of Alison's vocals mesmerizing and how the violin reaches the same pitch as Alison's voice and melts with it. Amazing stuff. What you reckon dears?

Yes it is and glad I got to hear it live at Hammersmith last week. For me its still the best on the album. I hope they continue to play it live when they tour next year  \:D/
  • I hope they play it at some pro recorded gig like Jools or the like! The live version is just fantastic. I just miss the horses at the end, a bit...
  • The live version is just fantastic. I just miss the horses at the end, a bit...

Yes I was expecting to hear them (although that seems awfully rude to expect anything) but it was stunning none the less.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Just ad GianCarlo i first heard Thea in Amsterdam. It was an exiting gig because it was the first of the tour and nobody knew the setlist (only 9oldfrapp, but there aways has to be an exception to everything).

So the trick was to try recognizing every song by the first tones. I immediately recognized Thea of course, and I remember very clearly that I only had one thought in my head; YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And god it was good!
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-11-06 03:08:47
  • I imagine, I so applaude that the double layer of voice is Alison's and not the band, as in Jo! Jo played with several layers of Alison's voice at the end would also be fantastic... A live record of Tales of us anyone? Fingers crossed : ]
  • You lucky guy! Did you record it?

no but there is a record here
    (hope it's not the one you have already heard).
    Consider anyway that live it's a much more interesting experience than any record ...
  • It's Fantastic Giancarlo! Thank you!
  • Eh, I prefer the CD version.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You know that the first, basic rhythm sound of Thea is the sound of Alison tapping her duvet, when composing and recording the tune, under the duvet in the middle of the night...? ;) ;)

Speaking of recordings...does anyone know what happens to the official (!) video material recorded in Albert Hall, on the 18th of July??

I'm @grohuan BTW, now w/ a way better username than Marzipan. Can't believe CaravanGirl was available, hehe... ;) 
  • some of it will come on the deluxe box but not enough if you ask me! Where did you get the duvet info Caravan? That's the sort of thing I love to know, I love making ofs.
  • It will? Some...yes, I seem to remember that actually, and I too want all of it to be there. ;)

Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2013-11-06 19:00:25
  • Hey Gro/caravan girl! That interviews also in the interview thread. I think I'm the only person that goes there though :)
  • OMG! I appreciate it now even more, it's delicious to hear the duvet mixed and imagine how it was done, I understand more the anatomy of the song now. I have to follow that goldfrappmania ant the interview thread.

CURIOUS STORY: The other day I went to the capital and I was singing Thea as I walked down the french neighbourhood, and I met an old man who had a fantastic hat, I am a photographer so I asked to make his portrait and he turned out to be a cinephile, his house was covered with film posters and cinema memorabilia and he told me I should watch The Postman Always Rings Twice. And now I find out Thea was inspired in no other.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!