Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What to wear at the Manchester show(s)?
  • We had a bit of a chat about this on Facebook.

Some liked the idea of wearing masks again (as per the GMBers-at-a-Bat-for-Lashes-gig last year). It was fun, and we got quite a few photo requests. If people want to rock the mask idea, I do think it'd be good to keep it dark and semi-formal, to fit with the 'Tales' vibe/look. "Half-masks" are good as they can be quickly removed and don't obscure other people's view, LOL.

Here are some mask ideas/pics. As Joe/mothwings mentioned, you can easily customise them...

Any other ideas?

• 42 Comments sorted by
  • If I were going, I'd definitely wear my VW shoes and Rick Owens black top.

I'd look like a diva. LOL
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I was thinking gloves, to follow the teaser video "one for each character" theme?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I was thinking gloves, to follow the teaser video "one for each character" theme?

That's very clever. I'd do that too.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Gloves sounds good! Also easy to take on/off.
  • Nifty idea....! Also I'm torn between SN and 7T t-shirt to wear :)
  • I thought about wearing my Felt Mountain T-shirt - it's the best way to being recognize by other fans.

But according to Halloween_Jack's idea, maybe simple black T-shirt with your favorite  song title/ only Tales Of Us title/ tracklist? (hand-written, obviously) Although we don't know any new songs, it could be interesting get into character about which we know nothing (beside stories mentioned in press release).
  • Yeah, I was thinking we wear just black & white as much as possible.

That and the glove thing gives a starting point.
  • Wouldn't it be a little weird if everyone wore gloves? hehe
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-24 17:07:05
  • No, it would simple, cheap, easily spottable and quite good fun.
  • You're all talking about gloves but I think you're missing the fundamentals here. Namely, underwear.

As I've been reminded by so many people, apparently it's something of a faux pas to be naked in public.
  • Are you at that again? :P
  • Well, obviously, I'd have my underwear on.
  • Trusty old Supernature t-shirt it is! Unless there's a particularly lovely t shirt on sale at the gig in which case ill do a costume change there and then!
  • I didn't see any merch at bristol chokka, its probably still on order.

liking the gloves theme, very quirky and instantly spottable from the stage :-j
    "its MY favourite song"
  • however im warming to kiyuris underwear theme. no one would notice us if we all turned up in our pants
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-06-25 03:10:40
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!