Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Over the past few months it has become apparent that many people on here also make music in some form or another.  Thanks to this board I have been lucky enough to hear about and experience (on video) some of the performances.  I'm sure that there is a mixed bag of talent on here, some people being unsigned stars of the future and others who just do it for a bit of fun (I see myself in the latter category).  It was suggested earlier on that I should start a thread to discuss my love for synths and all the lovely gadgetry that I use to make music.  However, I think that it would be far more interesting if we had a thread that encompassed all things relating to making music.  I for one am interesting in hearing about all the different musical styles and equipment whether it be gregorian chanting, opera singing,  pan pipes, dustbin lids or ukelele.

So does anyone dabble?
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-09-22 19:27:31
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • 29 Comments sorted by
  • I have dabbled here and there, that's about all I want say for now really. I am having a bit of a creative hiatus at the moment where all things are concerned, hopefully I will get back into the swing of things again.

By the way is anyone familiar with the avid keystudio out of curiosity? ;) (hence the request for a keys discussion with Mode_Devotion)

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-22 18:31:43
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • lol - so that was your plan all along BM  :P

I know EXACTLY what you mean about a creative hiatus.  Ever since I switched from hardware sequencers to Logic I have just found it a bind.  It takes so long to turn the equipment on that I'm kinda exhausted before I even start.  Like you I am not going to go into all the technical details this early on.  Don't want to turn into Moss from the IT crowd.  :-)
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-09-22 19:28:37
  • Yes indeedy. Do you know much about what sound-card one should use with the avid keystudio which runs through protools by any chance? 

The avid keystudio does not really do what it says on the box, it's a bit of a nightmare really, though if working properly it could be very handy for the 'others who just do it for a bit of fun' ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • i'll leave this thread to you guys/gals because i'll be honest i'm lost & don't understand anything... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Get your self a keyboard Jozzy and all will be fine
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Get your self a keyboard Jozzy and all will be fine

Or a microphone.  :)
  • Tambourine? Triangle? ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Do you know much about what sound-card one should use with the avid keystudio which runs through protools by any chance? 

Sorry BM, I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your question (I just don't know the answer and was waiting for another kind frapper to shed some light on it).  I have a Mac/Logic set-up and don't use Pro-Tools or PC's sorry.  :(
  • Lucky you mate, maybe one day.....

I guess there is always the possibility someone else will have the answer

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Dreeke's band is excellent! (Not sure where link is will look)

There was a guy on the GMB who was a musician. Baxter?

Even further back there was a guy who was the replacement singer for Dr Robert in the Blow Monkeys.

Then of course further back did we really have Brian Moloko on here ... or not

... And right at the beginning 2003?

There was a very cool girl who fronted a Portishead type band (not sure I will find that again.)

EDIT: Found her. (GMB is still all there till 2003). She was on very breifly and called Tara Busch and the band she was in was called Dynamo Dresden. But it seems she has released an album.

EDIT 2: Also she did the remix of Iamamwhoami - B (wondered why that name was familiar!) Well i never. :)

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-09-23 08:56:10
  • Never played anything and my voice would empty a venue.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw36frapp said:

Never played anything and my voice would empty a venue.

Sounds alright for a punk 'singer' though- don't ask long story ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • There was a very cool girl who fronted a Portishead type band

Very cool, beautiful and talented! 

Dreeke's band is excellent!

I had Dreeke in mind when I wrote the introduction.  I'm just hoping that people will start to blow their own trumpet so to speak.
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-09-23 17:49:14
  • Sounds alright for a punk 'singer' though- don't ask long story ;)

This isn't Twitter you've got more than 140 characters to play with.  :p
  • I know but I don't like to give too much away, just the odd hint here and there >:)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!