Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  •  
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2018-04-08 09:19:42
  • 24 Comments sorted by
  • I just heard on the radio Taylor Swift's "Red" album was titled as such in tribute to Joni Mitchell's "Blue"...and she may even play her in a feature film. (Old news to some, but made me want to make out with her even more)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-09-21 03:04:30
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • How's this for trivial trivia?

Monkee Mike Nesmith's mother invented Liquid Paper.
  • I'll have to get back to you with some trivia, I must say I am surprised Joni Mitchel has only written 125 songs in the space of what four/five decades?

One little bit of trivia I recall for now, is that Jimi Hendrix recorded over 300 songs in the space of about four years, admittedly some of them would have been covers and alternate versions, but that is a seriously impressive amount. I believe his family recently authorised a series of unheard studio recordings that have been released as a 'new' studio album, I'll probably check it out as I have always quite liked Jimi and I realise I am probably the minority here.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Goldfrapp trivia. Utopia lyrics were inspired by the Russian sci Fi film Solaris.
  • Charlotte Church does the lottery
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  •  I have always quite liked Jimi and I realise I am probably the minority here.

Electric Ladyland is a great record  1983 wonderful 
    strange he's so overlooked these days . 
    Post edited by la_catalina at 2013-09-21 12:39:59

• Electric Ladyland is a great record  1983 wonderful 

strange he's so overlooked these days . 

Love it, but probably prefer Axis As Bold As Love for some reason.

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Goldfrapp trivia. Utopia lyrics were inspired by the Russian sci Fi film Solaris.

Interesting, I seem to recall an interview where Gattaca was mentioned as inspiration, perhaps both were?
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Don't ask me, i'm only good with Goldfrapp & a bit of Garbage.... anything else & i'm lost
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Same here. I think i know tonnes about Frapp. But some who post on here know even more. One thing i would like to know is, Do Alison or Will like football ?. If so who do they support ?. Yes i know i am going on again about football but it would be of interest to me.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • who cares about football on a music thread ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I knew i would get told off for that.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw36frapp said:

Same here. I think i know tonnes about Frapp. But some who post on here know even more. One thing i would like to know is, Do Alison or Will like football ?. If so who do they support ?. Yes i know i am going on again about football but it would be of interest to me.

You do love footie don't you?! I dunno if they like football, Alison doesn't mind a bit of sport. She tweeted she went to events at the Olympics and Paralympics, and she's tweeted about tennis before. Never heard footie mentions though!
  • I was kinda pulling your leg, I'm not into football at all, and feel a bit like I'm one of the few. I know Alison likes sport, but not sure about football (I hope she doesn't lol)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I've little interest in football. There was a thread or 2 on the old forum about it, but it was mostly members such as Staddsy and Trembling Star who contributed, and they've not been seen on the Frapp scene for years. Aaaanyway, yes - this is a music thread!

EDIT: Oh, I think sartori and carpy have a football interest. CW, a thread about football in general might have had more response than one just about your team. Just sayin'.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-21 16:37:27

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!